Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Revisit - Mom's Top 5 Disadvantages of Cosleeping

I wrote this post last August for my blog Just Joanna. I think the same information still applies :-)

My son is 2 now, and we are still cosleeping. He has his own bed in our room, but he rarely uses it. With this experience, I'm confident that I can bring you an accurate look at the disadvantages of cosleeping. Please note - we practice safe cosleeping.


5. Being woken up with a heel to the gut. Children are small, but their limbs can be quite mobile.

4. Bed time habits can be a little difficult, especially if the parents are not 100% aligned in their own bedtime habits.

3. Weaning is harder when cosleeping. It's one of those things you learn to do without really waking up... and the problem is you have to wake up to NOT do it.

2. Your spouse is either a million miles away, or you are all squished together like a weird uncomfortable sandwich.

1. Were you aiming to give this child a sibling? You know how babies are made, right? Yeah, that's not happening when you're cosleeping...

While you're at it, check out my other posts on cosleeping:

No comments:

Post a Comment